Anyway, here are the rules:
1. Link back to the blog that nominated you.
2. Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers.
3. Answer the questions posted for you by your nominator.
4. Share 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Create 11 questions for your nominees.
6. Contact your nominees and let them know you nominated them.
Here are my questions from Mary:
1. How did you come up with your blog name?
I was given this book early on in my teaching career and the name came back to me when I was trying to come up with a blog name. I wanted something that wouldn't tie me to a specific grade.
2. What type of music do you like?
I typically like just about all kinds of music!
3. What is your favorite sport to watch/play?
I am not much of a sports player. I run, but not competitively anymore. However, I enjoy watching football (Go Broncos!) and baseball (Go Rockies!).
4. How many siblings do you have?
I have one sister.
5. What is your favorite restaurant?
Oh there is no way I could pick just one!
6. What do you enjoy doing most when you are on vacation?
I actually have not been on an actual vacation in quite some time. Pretty much all of our trips lately have been to visit family in various locations. Not that family trips aren't fun, it just isn't a relaxing 'vacation'! Hopefully we'll go on a true vacation some year soon... and then I will look forward to eating great food and sleeping!
7. What do you enjoy most about teaching?
Working with kids who are starting out behind, who are struggling with the basics, and those who need lots of extra help. I love working with the 'under dogs'! :-)
8. What are your hobbies?
I enjoy reading, cooking (when I have time), and outdoor activities such as hiking, biking, running, etc.
9. What is your favorite children's book?
Again, don't think there is any way I could pick just one!
10. What do you enjoy most about having a blog?
I love being able to share ideas... granted, I'm still working on my blog, but I love the collaboration and sharing that is possible through blogging!
11. What do you like best about where you live?
My family is here! We moved away for about 4 years, and being away from my family was difficult! Glad to be back!
11 random facts about me:
1. I would rather be 20 minutes early, than 20 seconds late.
2. I have run a marathon, and two half marathons.
3. I use exclamation points when I type! A lot!
4. I can't stand humidity... glad to be living where there really isn't any!
5. I may or may not have called my husband home from work to kill bugs.
6. I love race cars and racing, and wish I could be a professional race car driver.
7. I have never seen the movie Goonies.
8. I could watch House Hunters on HGTV all. day. long.
9. I love spicy food, and in fact I almost killed my husband (then boyfriend) the first time I made him my spicy chili!
10. My husband and I spent more time apart (in different countries and states) than we spent together before getting married.
11. I got married in Las Vegas... and would recommend it to anyone!
My questions for my nominees:
1. What is your greatest accomplishment?
2. How long is your commute to work?
3. If you weren't a teacher, what job would you want to do?
4. What is your drink of choice?
5. What is your favorite ice cream?
6. What is your favorite season, and why?
7. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
8. What talents do you have?
9. What was the last movie you saw? Would you recommend it?
10. Where was the most interesting place you've traveled?
11. What is the last book you read?
Blogs I am nominating are:
Okay, okay, I know I'm supposed to nominate more blogs but this is all I had time to find and my little one is waking up! I will look for more and update this post!!